|Dole Organic Bananas from Pioneer Supermarket, 1345 Castle Hill Avenue|
Benefits of banana peels
- Here's OMTimes on the health benefits of Banana Peels
- Full of serotonin... great against depression.
- Full of tryptophan... a natural sleep medicine
- Full of soluble and insoluble fiber... good for lowering cholesterol
- Fiber also helps with weightloss and obesity
- Natural source for probiotics and detoxification, again because of the fibers. Obviously also helps against constipation (as is most of the vegan diet...).
- Important cytoprotective and antimutagenic agents that protect against cancer, and carotenoids and polyphenols that shore up your immune system.
- They protect red blood cells.
- Rich in anti-oxidants and other nutrients: lots of potassium, B-vitamins, magnesium.
- Contains lutein which hlpes night vision and prevents macular degeneration. full of anti-fungal and anti-biotic compounds.
- It is a natural anti-inflammatory agent and helps your skin look great.
- You can make tea of the banana peels alone, or you can use it in soups, sauces and gravy.
- With cinnamon, you can use the tea as a natural sleeping aid... drink an hour before you hit the hay.
- You can make smoothies with bananas including the peel.
- You can make gravy and curry with banana peel.
- Even Business Insider reported on it, because in many parts of the world people do eat the banana peels.
- And Yahoo! too says, Don't forget to eat the peel.
- Sleep medicine - and tea from banana peels with cinnamon, and again
- More on Shattering the Matrix
- And on Doctor's Health Press.
- And finally Banana Peel Recipes from Kerala.
|Sliced banana with peel and oatmeal (with apples and raisins and cinnamon)|