The anchor stores of the Starling Avenue Food Shopping Triangle are:
- Chang-Li Supermarket on 2079 Benedict Avenue, corner Unionport Road.
- Key Foods on 1535 Unionport Road
- Pioneer Supermarket at 1345 Castle Hill Avenue
|Key Foods on Unionport|
|Pioneer at 1345 Castle Hill|
Two outliers are:
- World of Spice, for West-Indian specialties, on Westchester Avenue, right by the Castle Hill Elevated subway station.
- Lady Afrique International Market on Castle Hill, across from Pioneer, for West African (principally Ghanaian) staples and specialties.
|World of Spice|
|Lady Afrique International Market|
The main event, the Bangladeshi markets on Starling Avenue
Some are purely Bangladeshi, some have West-Indian as well as West-African specialties and a few have some more Indian and Pakistani ingredients as well, so if ethnic cuisine is your thing, here is where the action is.
- Bangla Town Supermarket, at 2161 Starling Avenue
- Halal Meat & Grocery at 2148 Starling Avenue
- Poshora at 2142-2144 Starling Avenue
- Al Aqsa Halal Meat & Supermarket at 2109 Starling Avenue
- Premium Halal Meat & Fish at 1500 Olmstead Avenue, corner Starling Avenue - 24 hours
- Friends Grocery & Halal Meat - 24 Hours
- Neerob Bazaar at 2085 Starling Avenue, developing an interesting selection...
|Halal Meat & Grocery|
So, there you have it, be my guest. You will find most all the ingredients I ever use in this neighborhood, and I seldom have to go far, and sometimes I turn the stove off in the middle of cooking if I find out I forgot something or ran out of something... it's just too easy to do!