Using ingredients from the neighborhood:
- 1 lb. Wild Harvest organic black beans (from Pioneer at 1345 Castle Hill Avenue)
- Optional: one 15 Oz can of Corn (Goya, other).
- 1 17.6 Oz. Jar of Green Salsa (Pioneer, Key Foods and Chang-li all have it _ Goya or other brands).
- 1 7 Oz. or 12 Oz. can of Chipotle peppers in adobo saus (La Morena, La Costeña, at Chang-Li, Pioneer or Key Food)
- 1 can of sliced Jalapeño Peppers
- 2-3 limes
- One bunch of fresh Cilantro
- Chunk of Kombu seaweed, sheets, or knots (from Chang-Li), alternatively use Savory (either summer or winter variety of Savory is good). Note: either kombu seaweed or savory is very helpful for the digestion of beans, and either adds depth to the flavor.
- Sort and rinse the beans and the seaweed.
- Cook the beans with the Kombu, or Savory about 45 minutes on a slow simmer after you bring it to the boil.
- While it cooks, squeeze the 2-3 limes (depending on size), chop the Cilantro leaves, and chop the Chipotle peppers. Drain the corn.
- Drain, remove Kombu, if you used it.
- Add in the chopped Cilantro leaves, the lime juice, chipotle peppers and the adobo sauce.
- Mix, put away in the fridge. Best served next day.